Sunday 6 July 2014

Monthly Mixtape #2

Hello, readers... I'm back with a little updated playlist of songs I've been listening to for these past two months. Once again, I'm hoping that all of you will be able to find a new song to listen to amongst the different genres of music you will find below.

1. All I Want by Kodaline



I've recommended this song in a previous post, but I have recently been listening to it very, very frequently, so I thought that it deserved a spot on this playlist. To those of you who have watched The Fault in Our Stars in theatres this past month, I'll have you know that I almost jumped out of my seat in excitement when this song came up in the background during Hazel and Augustus' visit to Amsterdam.

2. All Of The Stars by Ed Sheeran



Speaking of The Fault in Our Stars, we need to talk about this song. I'm going to be completely honest, and haters can hate. I originally thought The Fault in Our Stars was extremely overrated and had no interest in reading the book or watching the movie. Then Ed Sheeran's new music video for this song appeared on my YouTube subscription list and after listening to the song and hearing the lyrics, I was a goner. I have now joined the TFIOS fandom (is there a name?).

3. A Sky Full Of Stars by Coldplay



It seems as though I have a link between every song haha, and it is actually completely unintentional. Okay, so now, another moment of honesty. Though I admit that Coldplay is beyond  talented, their music has never been my absolute favourite. When Ellen posted their performance on Facebook, I saw that the title sounded promising... and I'll admit that I played the video because their stage setup was really pretty... don't judge. Anyways, I love the song now. That is all.

4. Moonlight by EXO



One of my favourite exotic (haha, punny) bands came out with a new mini album in May. They adopted a more R&B style and I love love love  every new song on this album. Moonlight, in particular, gets me everytime with all the amazing falsettos. This is the Chinese version I posted, though there is also a Korean one. I simply posted this one because my favourite member is the vocalist in this version, don't judge me...

5. Boomerang by The Summer Set



This is my go-to jam out song. I will never not dance and lip synch to the song. Yes, I've gotten some pretty crazy looks from strangers on the bus and looks of exasperation and embarrassment from friends sitting next to me. No shame though, I dare you to listen to this and not want to spontaneously dance.

6. Don't Stop by 5 Seconds of Summer



I cannot wait to see 5SOS in August. Their new songs are amazing and I'm so happy that they've finally been able to put together an album. I highly recommend finding the music video on YouTube if you don't already know this band. It actually represents them perfectly.

7. Butterfly by G-Dragon



I normally wouldn't post more than one non-English song on each of these playlists, however, this is an exception. This song has a super spooky(?) and ambiguous atmosphere and the music itself is enough to make you forget that it's in an entirely different language. Before you judge, listen to the perfection.

8. Cough Syrup by Young the Giant



It seems as though my music playlist has taken an ambiguous turn. I heard this song first on Glee when I used to watch it and I fell in love with it. The topic of the song is darker and much more serious, however, isn't art supposed to touch on all aspects of life? (So deep, I need to stop) Anyway, go click that play button.

I only have 8 songs for all of you this time. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to look for 10 worthy songs! Anyways, I hope I was able to open some of your eyes to a new songs you'll love, or even a new band/artist entirely.

What are the songs you're currently loving?

4 comments:

  1. Omg I love Butterfly by G Dragon, it's one of my favourite kpop songs! Have you seen the M/V? It's animated and absolutely adorable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, it's one of the reasons I love the song! The whole concept of the video and song is just so magical :3

      Delete
  2. YOU'RE WELCOME FOR KODALINE :) btw your blog is rlly cool can't believe I haven't checked it out before :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, I OWE YOU ONE. And how did you find it lol

      Delete