Thursday 28 August 2014

Organising My Desk | Back To School

I'd like to say that I'm pretty good at keeping my desk organised. Of course, this might have to do with the fact that I have a very short attention span so any amount of clutter can distract me from doing work. Oh, and pay attention to the 'pretty' part in pretty organised. To get seriously organised, I've noticed that it usually requires loads of space and essentially, I would have to remodel my entire room. So this is the best I can do with what I have. :P

So starting off on the right side of my desk, the very first thing you'll probably notice is my desk lamp. It's actually super cool and you can find it at Costco. It has a really sleek and modern design to it, and the stand is very flexible, you can literally bend it front to back or side to side. Near the base of the lamp, I have two pretty quirky little green items (don't know if you've noticed, but my room is very green lol). One is a little googly-eyed guy that I can put my glasses on and the other is a (very magical) no staple stapler. Though I wouldn't recommend using it to hand in assignments since the papers fall apart pretty easily...

Right next to my lamp, I have a little 2 rack black shelf. I like to use the top shelf for notebooks so they are easy to grab if I happen to be going to a meeting or a school trip where notes need to be taken. I also keep a week-long schedule note pad in the pile where I make a little to-do list for each day of the week. That's usually how I keep up with blogging during the school year. On the bottom shelf, it's pretty much just the basic lined paper with some miscellaneous pieces of paper tucked underneath that I use for rough jot notes or for rough work when doing math homework (fun...).

This is the point where I admit to my obsession with notebooks. My house is probably about to collapse from the sheer weight of the notebooks we own, but I always want to buy more. I find that they're just super handing in organising your work, writing, or just your thoughts in general. That's why my two little special notebooks get a special place upright, next to my mini shelf. Those to notebooks are my Quotes Book and my Blogging Book.

Right next to those, I have a little box that secretly has a bit of a mess inside it. I'm just going to say that I am a strong believer in, what I like to call, 'organised clutter'. I like to keep little squares of paper to use when jotting down notes. They'd probably be pretty useful for creating shopping lists as well. My box is looking a little more put together recently, however, since I recently bought two new stacks of flashcards for school and three tiny little composition notebooks to carry around in my bags. (See? More notebooks...)

Skipping the tissue box... I also love pens. As you can probably see. Yes, I have two full pencil holders and I am not ashamed. Okay, maybe just a little ashamed... But I find that keeping most of my stationary at home and taking less with me in my pencil case really helped me keep my pencil case clean and organised. I actually didn't lose anything last year!

Finally, there's the little corner that I just finished today. With the way classrooms work today, we all spend waay too much time in front of our laptops. I found near the end of the last school year that my neck had been becoming more and more tense. I thought that resting my neck for a while during the summer would help loosen my muscles a little, but so far, it's just been getting worse. So, I finally decided to lug up this monitor from our basement and give it a shot. Not to mention that I think it adds a very nice touch to my desk, and room as a whole, and I'm really loving the big screen.

So there's my desk as it is! I hope it'll be staying like this for the rest of the year... or at least until December when I'll have a chance to clean it during winter break, haha... Also, side note. I'm sorry for skipping out on the post yesterday! I was planning to post it at night after spending the day outside enjoying the last few days of summer, but I ended up covering for someone at work for a last minute emergency. Finally! I have a legitimate excuse, haha. Anyways, I'll see you all tomorrow! xx

(Another note: I woke up at 7 today and it's almost 12 here, so I haven't read this over and I apologize for any typos :( )

2 comments:

  1. That panda is soo cute!!



    With Love,
    Anna || Curly Scribbles



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a little souvenir I bought from China many years ago :)

      Delete