Sunday 31 August 2014

My School Day Morning Routine | Back To School


The alarm sounds and you crawl out of bed, sleep deprived and getting ready to head out for another day of school. Don't we all love the sound of that? Nonetheless, there's no use in preventing the inevitable, so you go about with your morning routine mechanically and half asleep. So, I thought I would share my school day morning routine with all of you!

During the beginning of the school year, I take the bus to school. Not a yellow school bus or anything, no, I take the public transportation kind. Not to mention that my school is completely across the city from me (about a 1 to 1 1/2 hour bus ride). So, my morning starts at 7:15 when my dad wakes me up. 

I usually drag myself directly to the bathroom from my bed. The reason I do this is because I hate when I'm washing my face and the water gets onto my outfit of the day, so it's much easier to risk getting my pajamas wet instead. I usually start off with brushing my teeth. The specific toothpaste I use changes all the time, but my family and I usually stick to using Crest toothpastes. After brushing my teeth, I use THEFACESHOP's pore brush to apply the Cetaphil face wash all over my face, using a circular scrubbing motion. I then wash it off and apply my Aveeno SPF 30 moisturizer, and if I'm especially tired and have very prominent dark circles, I'll follow up with applying the Maybelline concealer in my under eye area.

That's usually all I do in the washroom. I then return to my room and find the clothes I'll be wearing. Sometimes this takes a very short amount of time if I was feeling very efficient the night before, and already laid out the clothes. Otherwise, being indecisive, it takes me forever to pick out my outfit. Side note: Here are some outfits I picked out for the first week of school.

Hopefully, after getting dressed, I can just pick up my bag and head downstairs, but most of the time, I haven't packed my bag the night before. Even if I have, I tend to pull my agenda out every morning to double check that I have everything I need for the day in my bag.

All that's left before heading out the door is to eat breakfast. I'm a pretty lucky person in the sense that my dad always wakes up earlier than me, so breakfast is usually on the table by the time I get downstairs, but I'd love to try and make some of the breakfasts I posted on this post myself this year. Breakfast is usually pretty rushed for me, and then I'm out the door by 7:50.

So there's my morning routine during the school year! Once again, apologies for missing a day again, I completely forgot that my entire Saturday was booked full with events, leaving me with no time to write out a blog post. Only two more to go, and one day left before school starts!

What's your school day morning routine?

2 comments:

  1. I love knowing routines and finding them on vlogs is quite unusual for me but I loved discovering this.



    With Love,
    Anna || Curly Scribbles



    ReplyDelete